Our client engineers' innovative solutions and provides after-market services across a wide range of high-quality process control, measurement, and automation products. They have significant experience and capability in oil and gas, metals and mining and food production industries. This growing organisation requires an experienced Systems Integration E/I Engineer to join their Brisbane team.
- Permanent, full-time opportunity
- Immediate start
- Competitive remuneration
- Great organisational culture
- Southern Brisbane location
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this role will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of hardware and software engineering components of packaged control systems, analytical solutions and SKID solutions. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist with the preparation of product and solutions quotations against customer enquiries/tenders and assist with the sales effort
- Work with the various engineering disciplines to create a base hardware design and overall project costing
- Work with engineering and sales disciplines during the technical and commercial tender evaluation process
- Carry out detailed hardware design, generation of the final bill of materials.
- Attend the post award kick-off meetings both internally and at the customer's location.
- In conjunction with Production Co-Ordinator/ Administration finalize pricing to facilitate purchase requisitions and sub-supplier order placement for Projects and Sales Orders as required
- Create project hardware documentation in line with the agreed commitments and timelines using internal and external resources.
- In conjunction with the Production Engineer direct technicians to complete the hardware construction, wiring and testing
- In conjunction with Systems software engineers, carry out internal and customer witnessed factory acceptance testing
- Complete and issue final, "as built" documentation and manuals in line with the project commitments
- Attend both internal and customer-based project progress meetings
- Ensure all work is completed on time to meet the customers schedule
- Refine Production Engineering strategies to streamline the fabrication process
- Ensure all documentation references to Operations, OHS and Environmental issues are appropriately completed
- Liaise with internal and external customers
- From time to time, any other tasks deemed necessary by Management
Skills and Experience
- Formal Engineering Qualification
- Understanding of AS/NZ 60079 Hazardous Area Standards 3
- Understanding basic design and functional specifications and drawings
- Understanding of AS/NZ 3000 Wiring Rules
- Understanding of Electrical Work Practices
- Understanding of P&ID's
- Experience in Instrumentation/Electrical and Process Control
- Experience in Analysers
- Proficient in Words/ Excel
- Project Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills
How to Apply
If you are the type of person who thrives in a dynamic and challenging role then this may be the role for you! Simply hit "Apply Now!" or call Sam Standfast on (07) 3343 6777 for more information.