Join the global leader in the development and manufacture of custom medical Point of Care diagnostic devices. SCHOTT MINIFAB offers outstanding opportunities to work alongside internationally renowned experts, developing solutions that improve the daily lives of millions of people.
Located in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne, in a state-of-the-art facility, SCHOTT MINIFAB is a global company with a 135-year history at the forefront of technological advancement and manufacturing.
A new and outstanding opportunity to join SCHOTT MINIFAB has recently arisen - We are seeking a Production Team Leader to lead manufacturing on AM shift (6 am - 2 pm).
The Production Team Leader will lead, oversee and motivate Schott Minifab's talented production operators, ensuring that work is carried out accurately, efficiently and compliantly (adhering to ISO 13485 and GMP standards), and is completed according to production schedules and targets.
We are seeking applications from candidates that have natural leadership skills, are experienced working in a cleanroom / GMP environment, and possess the strong ability to work effectively under pressure.
An understanding of lean manufacturing will also be highly regarded.
Training for all equipment and processes will be provided to the Successful Candidate.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Significant experience in a medical device environment (GMP regulated environment) as a team leader or similar leadership position
- Strong ability for effective leadership and motivation to help team members focus on success | Ability to mentor, coach and support other team members
- Strong ability to maintain desired outcomes in a busy and complex work environment
- In-depth understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles - Proven experience working within a strong lean manufacturing environment highly advantageous
- Able to act professionally and with integrity with all stakeholders within the organisation
- Excellent short term and long-term planning skills
- Strong problem-solving skills - Understanding of root cause analysis
- Energetic and enthusiastic attitude about their role
- Competent user of MS Office Suite, plus ERP / MRP packages
- Excellent communication skills - Both written and verbal
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensuring production targets and KPI's are met across the area of responsibility
- Ensuring that all work is carried out to the agreed quality and safety standards
- Planning and co-ordinating all resources to meet production targets
- Providing support, motivation, and feedback and training for team members
- Providing support for other production lines as required to meet customer orders
- Utilising all production systems to ensure information is maintained and kept accurate
- Performing all transactions and booking activities to ensure stock accuracy and labour inputs are correctly recorded
- Provide hands on support in any production area as required
- Participating in monthly metrics meetings to provide updates to the wider community on the status of the work unit
This is an opportunity that will provide professional development and growth for the incumbent - SCHOTT MINIFAB is a company dedicated to the long-term success of their employees, hence applicants much either have an Australian Permanent Residency visa or be an Australian Citizen.
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then please apply with your CV and covering letter in Word Format.
Questions can be referred to Aya Inazato at Fuse Recruitment Melbourne on 0423 505 950.
At Fuse, we specialise in recruitment for the manufacturing industry and actively source a variety of roles for a broad range of manufacturers. If you are looking for a new opportunity, I'd love to hear from you!
If you know someone looking for a job, refer them to us and we'll give you $500* if we find them a new role!