Schott Minifab is a global leader in the development and manufacture of custom medical POC diagnostic devices. Based in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne in a state-of-the-art facility, Minifab is a dynamic company comprised of outstanding professionals all working together to achieve a common goal, and whilst doing so daring to think big.
Minifab is currently recruiting for an outstanding Team Leader to join their manufacturing team on PM shift, which encompasses the hours of 2 pm to 10 pm Monday to Friday.
The Successful Candidate will effectively lead and motivate Minifab's talented manufacturing operators, ensuring that work is carried out accurately and efficiently, and adheres to ISO 13485 and GMP standards.
The Successful Candidate will be a natural leader, come from a lean manufacturing, GMP regulated environment (cleanroom experience is highly advantageous), have a good technical / mechanical aptitude, and possess a strong ability to work effectively under pressure.
Training for all equipment and processes will be provided to the Successful Candidate.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Significant experience in a medical device environment (GMP regulated environment) as a team leader or similar.
- Able to act professionally and with integrity with all stakeholders within the organisation
- Provide effective leadership and motivation to help team members focus on success
- In-depth understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles - Proven experience working within a strong lean manufacturing environment highly advantages
- Excellent short term and long-term planning skills
- Strong problem-solving skills - Understanding of root cause analysis
- Energetic and enthusiastic attitude about their role
- Excellent communication skills - Both written and verbal
- Competent user of MS Office Suite, plus ERP / MRP packages
- Able to maintain desired outcomes in a busy and complex work environment
- Able to mentor / coach and support other team members as required
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensuring production targets and KPI's are met across the area of responsibility.
- Ensuring that all work is carried out to the agreed quality and safety standard.
- Planning and co-ordinating all resources to meet production targets.
- Providing support, motivation, feedback and training for all within the manufacturing team.
- Providing support for other production lines as required to meet customer orders.
- Utilising all production systems to ensure information is maintained and kept accurate.
- Performing all transactions and booking activities to ensure stock accuracy and labour inputs are correctly recorded.
- Provide hands on support in any production area as required.
- Participating in monthly metrics meetings to provide updates to the wider community on the status of the work unit.
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then please apply with your CV and covering letter in Word Format.
Kindly note that due to the high number of applicants, only short-listed Candidates can be contacted.
Questions can be directed to Jaquline Farag at Fuse Recruitment Melbourne on 0411 832 205.