Our client is an innovative, fast-growing Queensland horticultural company, focused on farming, processing and marketing fresh vegetables across Australia and select export markets. Their head office is situated one-hour's drive from Brisbane and the Gold Coast, in the beautiful Scenic Rim.
We seek to appoint an experienced and passionate advocate for food safety and quality control.
Reporting to our COO, the primary objective of the Technical Manager is the development, planning and deployment of systems that provide our customers with the confidence that the company's products are of the highest quality.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Lead and ensure effective implementation of the company's Food Safety & Quality Management System and be the point of contact for all management system audits (including SQF, SEDEX and HARPS).
- Provide regular and concise communication to key stakeholders throughout the supply chain to ensure our product quality is maintained from farm to shelf.
- Working with the Leadership team to ensure a cohesive and transparent approach which proactively strengthens and supports quality behaviours across the business
- Provide Quality expertise to the production team in regards to best practice in a medium/high care vegetable processing environment, ensuring all staff are trained on food safety and quality requirements.
- Measure, monitor and review the effectiveness of training through observation of packing activities, especially those considered to be Critical Control Points and/or Quality Control Points.
- Prompt client communications with respect to non-conformance and/or the resolution of client complaints.
This role would suit those who are passionate about fresh produce, motivated by a keen and genuine interest in Food Safety and Quality Control, and being a part of a diverse team environment who are energised about what we do and where we're heading.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Five (5) plus years' experience in a technical leadership role in a FMCG environment or fresh food/vegetable processing industry
- Proven success in the application of best practice hygiene methods to reduce the microbiological risks as they exist in fresh food packing facilities
- Demonstrated experience leading cross functional teams
- Demonstrated success in the development and implementation of systems that reduce operational waste
- Tertiary Qualifications in Food Science / technology or related technical field is not essential, but highly regarded
- Current HACCP Certification with experience and understanding HARPS, and SQF systems
- Well-developed communication skills and the ability to engage at all levels of the organisation
- Unrestricted drivers' licence and full Australian working rights.
- QA/QC technicians who are driven and have a desire to develop their careers are also encouraged to apply.