Our client offers Occupational Hygiene and Health consultancy services to external clients to support them in meeting their goals in the management of risk.
They are Committed to building lasting relationships with their clients. Some of the industries and sectors they work with include manufacturing, professional services, government, construction, transportation, food, and healthcare.
About the Role
The client you would be looking after is a large warehouse and logistics distribution business, with Safety and compliance being the top priority for this business.
We are looking for a self-starter, that is willing to get in and help the client site(s) put Work Health and Safety processes in place.
Below are some examples of what we would be looking for, general safety duties as would be expected on a site.
- Coordinate communication of new risk assessments and SWPs via toolbox or safety committee meetings
- Review traffic management plans and assist with implementation
- Set up schedules and assist with kicking of regular reviews of incidents
- Ensure work health and safety documentation (policies, procedures, risk assessments, audit reports, meeting minutes) is uploaded to a central location (software)
- Review/conduct site inspections and audits and assist with close out of actions
- Review WHS legislation (Comcare/NSW) at site and advice staff on compliance (Nice to have !!)
- Liaise with client Head Office in Melbourne, Victoria
- Health and safety degree/similar
- Exposure to national audit tool and/or management system standards (AS 4801, NAT Audit Tool, ISO 45001)
- Internal Auditor Qualifications
- IT skills
- Attention to detail and Analytical skills
- Good communicator, positive and friendly person and capable of doing the above role.
Casual - Full time - 3 Months - 6 months project with potential extension of contract with a view to permanency.