Fuse provides permanent and temporary recruitment services within the Infrastructure, Utilities, Manufacturing, Insurance & Wealth Management sectors. We pride ourselves on finding suitable roles that meet the aspirations of candidates, in addition to delivering the perfect candidate to our clients.
Our client has been heavily involved in the Water Treatment industry and have been supplying, installing, servicing and maintaining pumping, pool and water treatment equipment for many years. As a locally owned and operated business, they have the capabilities and expertise to provide their customers with purpose engineered solutions and results. They are currently looking to appoint an experienced Workshop Pump Fitter to join their successful team in Mackay, Queensland.
What's in it for you?
- Long term Sales Career prospects
- Family friendly hours - Monday to Friday - every weekend free
- Job security with a local respected family owned business operated for over 45 years
- Live within or in close proximity to the Capricorn Coast
- Annual staff and family events
- Staff discounts
- Lifestyle program
- Corporate Health Insurance discounts
This is the perfect role for an enthusiastic, motivated individual looking to broaden their knowledge of the pumping and water treatment industry whilst developing and enhancing their skills.
The successful candidate can expect to work with a wide range of pumps and piping equipment and water treatment systems and products from various industries including mining, agricultural, domestic and industrial.
They pride themselves on their company values, culture and promote a lifestyle balance that supports you to manage your career and ambitions on one hand; and your health, happiness, leisure and family on the other.
- Strip, assess, repair and maintain pumps and pumping equipment including turbines and gearboxes
- Troubleshoot and problem solve issues relating to a wide range of pumps and pumping equipment
- Operate manual lathe and milling machinery
- Complete service reports
- Have initiative, work independently and within a team
- Communicate effectively and have strong attention to detail
- Adhere to strict safety standards, follow corporate work procedures and policies
Skills and Requirements
- Be a qualified Trades Person - Fitter and/or Machinist
- Have a minimum of 3 years' machining & mechanical trade experience (CNC machining, trouble shooting,
repairs and maintenance)
- Hold a current manual Driver's Licence (MR Licence an advantage)
- Be willing to undertake a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol
- Be legally permitted to work in Australia
- Supply own hand tools
The following experience and current competencies / qualifications will be an advantage:
- Forklift / Dogger / Rigger licence
- Confined Space
- Working at Heights
- Coal Board Medical
- Standard 11 Generics
- Mine Site Inductions
- Supervisor S123 and G2 competencies
If you believe yourself to be suitable for this role, click APPLY now!