Join the global leader in the development and manufacture of custom medical Point of Care diagnostic devices. SCHOTT MINIFAB offers outstanding opportunities to work alongside internationally renowned experts, developing solutions that improve the daily lives of millions of people.
Located in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne, in a state-of-the-art facility, SCHOTT MINIFAB is a global company with a 135-year history at the forefront of technological advancement and manufacturing.
An outstanding opportunity to join SCHOTT MINIFAB has recently arisen - We are seeking a Workshop Supervisor to take ownership and improve services of the brand-new workshops.
We are seeking applications from candidates that have natural leadership skills and extensive experience as a fitter dealing with robotics.
Primary responsibilities of this role (but not limited to):
- Working close with various teams across automation, maintenance, injection moulding, facilities, new product introduction and quality
- Routine management and maintenance of workshop machines and equipment
- Management and supervision of contractors
- Contribution and implementation of continuous improvement strategies
- Approver for the use of workshop equipment
- Development and maintenance of SOPs and relevant documentations relating to the workshop facilities
- Stock management and maintenance
- Be the Fire Warden and First Aider for the workshop area
Essential skills and experience:
- Extensive years of experience as a Fitter and Machinist working with robotics and high automated equipment
- Solid working knowledge of pneumatic systems
- Responsibility as a first aider and fire warden or have the willingness to obtain qualifications
- Natural leadership skills and ability to enforce and maintain safety compliance
- Familiar working in a fast-pace and high demanding environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A positive can-do attitude and a hands-on problem solver
- Experience with SolidWorks 3D
- Experience with 5S strategies and their implementations
- Solid working knowledge of GMP regulations
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, please apply with your resume in Word Format.
Kindly note that due to the high number of applicants, only short-listed Candidates will be contacted.
Questions can be directed to Aya Inazato at Fuse Recruitment Melbourne on 0423 505 950
At Fuse, we specialise in recruitment for the manufacturing industry and actively source a variety of roles for a broad range of manufacturers. If you are looking for a new opportunity, I'd love to hear from you!
If you know someone looking for a job, refer them to us and we'll give you $500* if we find them a new role!